Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A is for Angie

The first time I see her, I know she is right for me. I pick her up and stare into her big black eyes, they're like little marbles. Her small pink tongue pops out of her tiny mouth and licks the air. Her nose digs into my shirt and takes a sniff. It's just about as big as my fingernail! She's so cute I knew that small little dog would be perfect as my first dog.

Angie is my first and current dog. She is a Maltese so she is quite small. She weighs almost 4 pounds. Most Maltese weigh about 3-7 pounds, so she is smaller than most Maltese dogs. Her eyes are very big and black. I love to hold her paws because they're so small, but they are very sensitive, so she likes to pull them away. But I have to say my favourite part about her is her nose. It's so small, it's like a little chocolate chip. And her tongue is so cute! When a bigger dog licks me, I'm amazed at how big it is! Angie is a very cute little dog that I love very much.

Angie's birthday is August 6, so she's about 2 and a half years old right now. I have to say Angie is not the smartest dog you would come across. The only thing she really knows how to do is to lie down, but she only does it when we have a treat for her. We treat her like a little puppy because she acts just like one. The cutest part about her is that during the day, basically the only place in the house you would find her is in her bed, sleeping. But at night, she's very playful, and runs all around the house. It's sort of funny to see her running, and she goes really fast, no one can catch her. Angie is a very confusing dog, you never know how she will be next, calm and sleepy, or wild and energetic.

Dogs are a great improvement to your life. I can really tell that my family is much more happy with her around. Also, studies have shown that holding and petting a dog can actually lower your blood pressure. Who would have guessed that petting an ordinary dog can make you healthier!

LIFE LESSON: Dogs make you happier, which leads to a healthier lifestyle. If everyone had a dog, it would make the world a better place.

I commented on Emelie F's blog.

1 comment:

  1. Erika that was a really great blog! Your so right about Angie, like the last time I was at your house one minute she was biting my anckles and just that next night she slep on my bed with me. Maybe next time, if you ever do a blog on Angie again, you could discrib her colour or something, though I did get a very clear picture in my mind about her size and personality. Again great post Erika!!

    ReplyDelete