Wednesday, April 21, 2010

F is for Family

It's your birthday. When you wake up, your whole family is waiting outside the door to surprise you. You sleepily open the door, and as it creaks open, SURPRISE! Your family jumps out of their hiding place. Now, you're really awake. Your face brightens, and a big smile appears on your face. They start to sing happy birthday to you, and you all give them big hugs. Somewhere else in the world, a child is celebrating her birthday as well. Except, no one will sing her happy birthday, no one will give her presents, and no one will bake her a delicious birthday cake. She sits there all alone, with no one there to hug her, or care for her. She has no one to love and no one to love her. She quietly sings to herself, waiting for her family to come. As you laugh with your family, the girl waits for her family who will never come back.

Not many people realize how lucky they are to have a family to care for them. Many people around the world have no family. How would you feel without your family? To me, my family is my happiness in life. They always make me laugh. I'm always smiling around them because they're always happy. I love being around my family, and without my family, I don't know how I could be happy. Think about it, When you wake up in the morning and your mom cooks your favourite breakfast, doesn't that little thing just make your day? It certainly makes mine. Your family basically keeps you alive. They feed you, and give you somewhere to live. They take care of you if you're sick or hurt. And they help you get through problems you don't know how to solve. How would you get through all those things by yourself? I don't know what I would do without my family.

My family takes care of me, feeds me, gives me a roof over my head, and gives me education. The little things they do every day, means so much to me. Like tucking me in at night. It does seem like a little thing that would mean nothing. But it's the little things like that, that keep me smiling. How would you feel if your family were taken away from you? If that happened to me, I would be helpless. My family helps me through the day. Like, if there were a big test I wasn't ready for the next day, they would help me prepare for it and calm me down. They would try to make me feel better so it would be easier to get through. My family means the world to me, and I could never afford to lose them. Even though sometimes I fight with them, I still love them.

LIFE LESSON: Be grateful for your family. Be grateful for all the things they do for you, even the small meaningless ones.

I commented on Brenna's post, R is for Roller coasters.
The comments are in the same colour as the background, so you have to highlight it to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment