Tuesday, January 12, 2010

M is for Marguerite

We can't let go of each other as I make my way to a new home, Canada. I hold on tight to her, not wanting to let go. The time came when we had to say goodbye. I couldn't believe that I was actually leaving her. With tears in my eyes, I get into the car, ready to make a new start. I wonder if I will make new friends in Canada, but I know none will be as special as her.

Marguerite is my best friend. We have been best friends for seven years now, and we are inseparable. I think it is fate that brought us together because we are very similar. Her birthday is September 8th, mine is September 25th. Her middle name is Christina, so is mine. We both love pink and Hello Kitty. Although we may look different on the outside, we are the same on the inside.

We met in preschool, but I can't exactly remember how. I just know we became friends soon after the year began. My favourite memory of us was when we went to see a Christmas show when we were younger. We had a great time and when it was finished, we took a great picture of us sitting together on a bench in the theatre. Now I have it framed in my room, and it is the most special picture I have. I don't want anything to happen to it.

Every summer, I go to Ohio to visit some old friends, including her. I always have a sleepover at her house, and it's always so much fun. I always look forward to the summer so I can see my best friend. We watch movies, and go out to dinner, and do all kinds of fun stuff. I can't wait to see her next summer.

Marguerite and I still keep in touch through email and letters. She's always there for me when I need to talk to someone. She is nice and funny, and my best friend. She is a special friend I will never forget.

LIFE LESSON: Your friends are always there for you, no matter where they are in the world.



1 comment:

  1. What a great tribute to your friendship. Would be cool if you could add the picture you mention - but tricky since it's already in a frame.

    ReplyDelete