Wednesday, November 25, 2009

K is for Kate DiCamillo

" Edward's heart stirred. He thought, for the first time in a long time, of the house on Egypt Street and of Abilene winding his watch and then bending toward him and placing it on his left leg, saying: I will come home to you."
--The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane

Kate DiCamillo is my favourite authors of all time. Although she writes books for younger children, her writing is magnificent. When I was younger, I used to read her books over and over again. My favourite book from her was The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane, my favourite book of all time. I still read her books every once in a while because they were so well written. Kate DiCamillo is not a very well known author, as opposed to J.K. Rowling, for example. Her most popular book was Because of Winn-Dixie, another one of her great books.

I love to write stories and I admire Kate DiCamillo for her creativity. She thinks of herself as a storyteller, telling many children about her wonderful stories through her books. Her books are very different from a typical book, but that's what makes them so awesome. I have read many books in my life, and never have I read a book like hers. I love them so much because they are not like other books. They are unique. You wouldn't normally find her ideas in a bestseller book. She may not be the most famous author, but I admire Kate DiCamillo and hope to become like her someday.

One of Kate DiCamillo's books, The Tale of Despereaux, is about a mouse who is different from the rest. His body is small, but his ears are really big, like Dumbo. He acts differently, for example, he likes to read in the library, but it is a law that mice do not read. He is a very brave mouse. Mice were forbidden for a health issue, but Despereaux wanted to find out what it was like in the "human world", so he ventured out into the human world and became a hero.

LIFE LESSON: In life, you may be faced with many fears or danger. The best way to fight through them is with bravery.

No comments:

Post a Comment