Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Does Clothing Shape Who You Are?

I think that the clothing you wear does not shape who you are. When you shop for clothes, you don't always look for clothes that match your character, right? You just shop for the kind of clothing you like and what you think looks best on you.

For example, geeks. Everyone pictures someone smart as a geek, or whatever they want to call them. Wearing glasses, knee socks, and overalls. But when someone is really smart, it doesn't make them uncool. Or the opposite, if someone is popular, then some people might think of them as stupid. What I'm trying to say is that if someone is or is not smart, that doesn't change their appearance. Another example is Lady Gaga. She dresses extremely weird, right? It looks like she's going to a costume party, but I have read in some magazines that she is totally down to earth and normal. I mean, I expected her to be really strange because of the way she looked, but, apparently, she's pretty normal. That's one reason not to judge a book by its cover.

I think that they have children dress in uniforms because first they want the school to look nice and orderly, but second because they care about the children. They don't want the children to be judged by how they look. Some people judge others by how they look or dress before they actually know what the person is like. That is completely unfair. First impressions on people are not how they dress, but how they act.

I dress really colourful, but I'm really actually very shy. When I go shopping I usually go shopping in most of the popular stores. Not because I want to copy everyone else, but once I actually look at it a few times, I like it. Sort of like songs. Whenever I go onto iTunes, I look up the top songs, and I listen to them. I don't really like them at first, but then I listen to them a few times on the radio, and I end up liking them in the end. And when I walk into stores, I usually look for the bright colours, you know the ones that give you some attention, but the truth is, I really don't like having a lot of attention.

That is my opinion on why I think clothing does not shape who you are.







2 comments: